Jamie MacAlister, MA / MBA
Jamie is a Professor of Practice at Hult International Business School, London and an adjunct lecturer and accredited executive coach at Ashridge Executive Education, Civil Service Learning and the School of Business & Applied Technology (SoBAT) at Clarke International University in Kampala, Uganda, which he has also been involved in setting up. He has been lecturing in Strategy, Leadership, Critical Thinking, Coaching and Consultancy.
He specialises in Strategic Risk Taking and has published through Bloomsbury, London, a business book entitled: “Risky Strategy: Understanding Risk to Improve Strategic Decisions” based on Ashridge research on how leaders work with risk.
He was previously Commercial Director at Ashridge Executive Education. He was strategy consultant for 20 years, he has frequently worked with business leaders and senior teams to facilitate strategic decision making.
He has founded and run three small businesses, all still operating, and is just in the process of setting up a business in Uganda to process and export consumer products based on tropical health plants. He has previous professional experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Procter & Gamble.
Jamie has an MA Engineering from Cambridge University and MBA (Honours) from Wharton Business School. He is also an Ashridge-accredited and experienced executive coach, and is also accredited for various psychometric tools: Hogan, MBTI, Korn Ferry Profilor and AIMS 360
- Risky Strategy: Understanding Risk to Improve Strategic Decisions. MacAlister, J (2016) Bloomsbury Publishing, London
- Corporate Leadership on Modern Slavery. Lake, Q.; MacAlister, J.; Berman, C.; Gitsham, M. & Page, N. (2016) Joint report: Ashridge Executive Education – Hult & Ethical Trading Initiativ
- Corporate approaches to addressing modern slavery in supply chains: a snapshot of current practice. Lake, Q.; MacAlister, J.; Berman, C.; Gitsham, M. & Page, N. (2015) Joint report: Ashridge Executive Education – Hult & Ethical Trading Initiative
- Management Development that Works: Ch 9 Learning to Take the Right Risk: A Framework for Leaders. MacAlister, J; Hind, P et al (2015) Libri Publishing, Oxfordshire
- Resolving Risky Leadership Dilemmas – How Character Profiling Can Help. MacAlister, J (2015)
- How a Character Profiler can help you work with risky dilemmas. MacAlister,J. (2014) HR Magazine
- Working with Risk. In practice and in principle: lessons from the field. West,T MacAlister, J; Mookherjee, D; Brown, M. (2014) Ashridge report.