Jamie MacAlister, MA / MBA
Jamie is currently Director, School of Business & Applied Technology at International Health Sciences University in Kampala, Uganda, where he is involved in setting up a new business faculty for the university. He has been a Professor of Practice at Hult International Business School, London, where he has been teaching courses in Global Strategy, Leadership, Coaching and Consultancy.
He specialises in Strategic Risk Taking and has recently published through Bloomsbury, London, a business book entitled: “Risky Strategy: Understanding Risk to Improve Strategic Decisions” based on Ashridge research on how leaders work with risk. He is currently extending this research to explore a Middle Eastern and African cultural perspective.
His move to Uganda, research and publishing activities have been recognised by Hult in a recent article: http://hnews.hult.edu/inspiring-professors-jamie-macalister-uganda/
He is also an experienced executive coach, facilitator, strategist, and commercial manager, having previously been Commercial Director at Ashridge Executive Education. As a management consultant for 20 years, he has frequently worked with business leaders and senior teams to facilitate strategic decision making.
He has founded and run three small businesses, all still operating, and has previous professional experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Procter & Gamble.
Jamie has an MA Engineering from Cambridge University and MBA (Honours) from Wharton Business School. He is also an Ashridge-accredited and experienced executive coach, and is also accredited for various psychometric tools: Hogan, MBTI, Korn Ferry Profilor and AIMS 360
- Risky Strategy: Understanding Risk to Improve Strategic Decisions. MacAlister, J (2016) Bloomsbury Publishing, London
- Corporate Leadership on Modern Slavery. Lake, Q.; MacAlister, J.; Berman, C.; Gitsham, M. & Page, N. (2016) Joint report: Ashridge Executive Education – Hult & Ethical Trading Initiativ
- Corporate approaches to addressing modern slavery in supply chains: a snapshot of current practice. Lake, Q.; MacAlister, J.; Berman, C.; Gitsham, M. & Page, N. (2015) Joint report: Ashridge Executive Education – Hult & Ethical Trading Initiative
- Management Development that Works: Ch 9 Learning to Take the Right Risk: A Framework for Leaders. MacAlister, J; Hind, P et al (2015) Libri Publishing, Oxfordshire
- Resolving Risky Leadership Dilemmas – How Character Profiling Can Help. MacAlister, J (2015)
- How a Character Profiler can help you work with risky dilemmas. MacAlister,J. (2014) HR Magazine
- Working with Risk. In practice and in principle: lessons from the field. West,T MacAlister, J; Mookherjee, D; Brown, M. (2014) Ashridge report.